Spoil the men with a tasty piece of rump! Pan-fried steak retains its
lovely meat flavour and the meat is done in just a few minutes.
Rump steak allow 200-300g per person
STEAK & CHOPS SEASONING
2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- Trim steak of visible fat, and cut in portions (or ask the butcher to cut portions to
your preference beforehand).
- Sprinkle both sides of meat with meat tenderiser and leave for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron griddle pan the pan should be smoking.
- Sprinkle both sides of meat with Steak & chops seasoning, then add to the pan and
- Turn heat down. Cook meat until done to preference: rare no more than 5 minutes
in total, medium-rare about 7 minutes, medium 8 10 minutes and well-done
10 12 minutes in total.
- Sprinkle more Steak & Chops seasoning on the meat while cooking.
- Serve hot with chips or baked potato and salads and dont forget the pepper
To ensure perfect cooking, use a cooking fork/ meat thermometer.
(c) 2002 ID Agentskappe en Verspreiders BK